Federal Employment Law
AGGRESSIVE Legal Representation for Federal employees
The Federal Practice Group represents our federal employee clients in the full range of federal employment law cases, including:
Our legal team at The Federal Practice Group provides aggressive and smart representation if you are a federal employee facing discrimination, harassment or a hostile work environment or unjust discipline, or if your federal employment is in jeopardy. The Federal Practice Group, which is headquartered in Washington, D.C., represents federal employees at all agencies who are in need of legal assistance nationwide and overseas including in matters before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB), and the U.S. Office of Special Counsel (OSC).
Unlike other firms, our attorneys specifically specialize in representing federal employees of federal agencies. There is no substitute for actual experience when facing a legal issue involving the federal government. Our federal employee lawyers have handled many cases in Washington, D.C. as well as throughout the United States and overseas, and we understand how the systems work. We are real people who will talk to you and guide you through your case on a step-by-step basis, answering any questions you have along the way. We fight for you and your best interests, and we are not afraid to take on the federal government.
As a federal employee, you probably know the employment laws that apply to you are different from those that apply in the private sector and that there are several variations in the rights you have as a federal employee to protect your career. Whatever issue you are facing, whether discipline or discrimination, it is key to have an attorney who understands the rights of federal employees and knows how to navigate through the administrative processes and other remedies available to federal employees.
The Importance of Finding the Right Federal Employee Attorney
As lawyers specializing in federal employment law, we know what steps to take to help you prove your case and obtain the relief you are entitled to receive under the law. It can seem scary to go up against the federal government, especially when you career and reputation may be on the line, but you can be successful in your case. You need a specialized attorney for federal employees to provide support throughout your employment dispute, and we will be in your corner.
Experienced Lawyers for Federal Government Employees
The Federal Practice Group can assist you regardless of which federal agency you work for, including employees of any executive agencies and employees within the intelligence community. Our federal employment lawyers, who are based in Washington, D.C., have fought cases involving the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Defense, the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Department of State, CIA, DIA, and many more. Some of our recent victories include:
- Two decisions following hearings before the EEOC finding the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) liable for discrimination and retaliation
- A decision from the EEOC finding the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) liable for pregnancy discrimination
- A decision following a hearing before the MSPB reversing an adverse action against a DIA employee wrongfully charged with misconduct
- A decision following a hearing before the MSPB reversing the removal of a White House employee wrongfully charged with misconduct
- A decision following a hearing before the MSPB finding the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) liable for whistleblower retaliation
- Default Judgments as sanctions from the EEOC against the Defense Media Activity (DMA), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- A decision following a hearing before the EEOC finding DHS liable for race discrimination and reversing the termination of a probationary employee
Our firm can provide the exceptional legal counsel you need to take on the federal government. With extensive experience in litigating on behalf of federal employees before the EEOC, MSPB, and OSC, our federal employment law attorneys are prepared to protect the rights of federal employees who need assistance in resolving any type of federal employment law matters.